Friday, April 16, 2010

In Spite of Everything - a Reader's Challenge too

In spite of everything there is to do: love on my family, write, home school, clean the house, love the dogs and cat, celebrate my Dad's 72nd birthday, I just signed up for a crazy book Challenge - 15 books with 15 blogs (about the books) in 15 days.

I will probably be reading a lot of our old picture books to make it work.

The reading challenge starts today, with the first blog written tomorrow - if that makes sense. First book today, first blog tomorrow.

If you are interested, check out Girl Detective or The Thinking Mother

I'll be posting my blogs here and at my rarely ever blogged upon Keeping Track: A Homeschool Mom's Record

And no, I don't have too much time on my hands, but yes, my laptop is both the place where I work and distract myself too much. Next time I sit down, I will be writing the "real" stuff - The Crystal Sword needs a few thousand words today, and in two hours I'll have a time slot available again. Time to get serious.

2 comments:

Tyrean Martinson said...

I already have a tendency to read too much - why not do something slightly useful with that, right?
Except the last quick book I read is back at the library - my daughters' book, Born to Rule, a princess camp book by Kathryn Lasky - read it in an hour.

Karen Lange said...

Sounds like an interesting challenge. Have fun with it!
Have a blessed weekend,
Karen