Tuesday, June 15, 2010

365 Days of Blessings - Day 17

365 Days of Blessings, Day 17

1. The Lord makes be lie down in green pastures.

2. The Lord leads me beside quiet waters.

3. The Lord restores my soul.

4. My husband knows how to comfort me, even when we disagree.

5. Prayers that heal old hurts.

6. Families who adopt children.

7. Adoption Ministries.

8. My neice Amanda's mission trip to an orphanage in Kenya last year.

9. Having two very loving daughters.

10. All the kids in my life, in my family, in church, and in dance.

In explanation of some of the above: Years ago when I was young my parents discovered they couldn't have any more children. They embarked on a discussion about adoption, and decided not to adopt. They had friends who decided not to adopt. From that time to this, my heart filled with a longing to adopt children. I paid attention to the families I knew in my neighborhood, and in my church who adopted. I hoped, planned, and dreamed.

When I met my husband and we grew serious in our relationship, I told him of my hopes and plans for adoption. He seemed interested in the idea, but wanted to have our "own" kids first. We have two beautiful daughters. He is a wonderful dad, and a loving husband. But he no longer wants to adopt. I've come to accept that slowly as something I can't change, but there are days when it hits me. I feel that old longing, and I pray, and pray, and pray. Eventually, the Lord gives me peace; He lights up my path. I believe that God has a purpose for everything in my life, and even for those few things that are not in my life.

I have been abundantly blessed beyond my wildest dreams in some areas of my life. However, that doesn't mean everything goes my way every moment. It does mean that I've been called to be a blessing in others lives, and I hope that my writing, my teaching (Sunday School), and some of the other stuff I do actually fulfills some of my calling.

"Jesus said, 'I am the light of the world.'" John 8:12

"Your word is a lamp to my feet
and a light for my path."
Psalm 119:105


"Praise be to God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ. For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight. In love he predestined us to be adopted as his sons through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will - to the praise of his glorious grace, which he has freely given us in the One he loves." Ephesians 1:3-6

No comments: