Saturday, August 7, 2010

365 Days of Blessings - Day 70

365 Days of Blessings, Day 70

1. God is above, beyond, and yet in, all of time. He's not constrained by our clocks, but he is present with us in the moment.

2. I have just enough time today to do all that is before me, including loving on my family.

3. My husband's back is recovering from his injury!!! Lots of ice, and chiropractic care have him back on his feet and wanting to play church softball.

4. I have time to write!!!

5. I have time to plan.

6. I have time to stretch, before I go to the church softball game in less than two hours.

7. Church softball play-offs continue today, and we could play one game, or we could play all day. It depends on how many, if any, rounds we win.

8. Professional help came to our house yesterday, to give us an estimate on the price of fixing the mess we uncovered in our bathrooms. The best news is . . . he's a gentleman from our church, and we trust him. Otherwise, well . . . we could be dealing with asbestos removal at the worst, and mold removal, and . . . well, the bathrooms need more help than we realized when we took off that first bit of tile, and then the tub, and then the linoleum . . . and part of the wall, and . . . you get the idea. Having someone we trust give us an estimate is really important.

9. I feel blessed in this moment, as if the very air around me, and the sights I see, are sacred . . . even though I'm sitting at my kitchen table surrounded by scribbled notes, VBS scripts, my Bible, and one of my husband's video cameras, looking out the window on a green treed and gray cloud sky.

10. Spiritual retreats are cool when they are someplace majestically beautiful, but they are wonderful in the here and now of every day life too.

Shared Blessings:
1. My husband says that his chiropractor has been a huge blessing to him this week.
2. My husband also says that, Aaron, a gentleman from our softball team has been a blessing to him, by encouraging him and keeping him positive.

Blog/Website Blessings:
Gig Harbor Church Softball League You may notice that we don't actually play today until 10:30, but our coach wants us there by 9:30 to practice before the game. We have a half old, half young team, and we need time to get our older bones working in the right direction.

Scripture Blessings for the day: "Praise be to the Lord, the God of Israel, from everlasting to everlasting. Amen and Amen."
Psalm 41:13

"'I am the Alpha and the Omega,' says the Lord God, 'who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty.'" Revelation 1:8

"Moses said to God, 'Suppose I go to the Israelites and say to them, 'The God of your fathers has sent me to you,' and they ask me, 'What is his name?' Then what shall I tell them?'
God said to Moses, 'I AM WHO I AM. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: I AM has sent me to you.'"

Exodus 3:13-14

No comments: