Sunday, August 15, 2010

365 Days of Blessings - Day 78

Shared Blessings:
My friend Louise says she is thankful for Pastor Art, who is celebrating his full-time ministry today at a gathering in his honor. He's retiring to part-time service, as the Lord calls him. Louise says she is thankful for Pastor Art "for being a part of my family life. For him sharing himself to the HS Youth ministry at PLC for a year and starting confirmation back up. Pastor Art will be missed greatly by many."
Thanks for sharing Louise! I'm thankful for Pastor Art too.

365 Days of Blessings, Day 78
1. God's Word is healing.

2. God wants us to return to him.

3. Swimming with friends, again!

4. Making those last summer plans for fun!

5. Taking the Martinson clan boat out of the side yard, washing it off, and seeing if it runs. (Woohoo! I think there might be waterskiing coming soon.)

6. Water, water, water, in all of it's many forms, and all of the fun we get to have with it.

7. Salamander/Newt visiting us in the yard. They are really cute, in their own way. Another watery kind of blessing.

8. Family sleeping arrangements on an rare and occassional basis - parents, kids, cat, all snuggled together with the dogs sleeping on the floor.

9. Pastor Art, a great visitation Pastor, who has inspired many of us to count our blessings, who has been a support to our lead Pastor, who has spread words of kindness as he ministers.

10. Relaxed muscles from swimming keeping the jitters at bay . . . VBS Sunday Bible Voyage departing in 90 minutes. Am I ready? Yes, but I'll be "performing/narrating" in front of the whole congregation, so a part of me gets as jittery as I get when I step up to bat for church softball and I hope I'm going to swing and hit, and not swing and miss.

Extra Blessing:
1. My Uncle Lloyd's smile.
(My Uncle Lloyd has been diagnosed with lung and liver cancer and has been given three weeks to live, so I'll be mentioning his name here as much as I can over the next few weeks.)

Website for the day: umm, facebook? Facebook

Scripture for the day:
"Take words with you
and return to the Lord.
Say to him:
"Forgive all our sins
and receive us graciously,
that we may offer the fruit of our
lips."
Hosea 14:2

2 comments:

Karen Lange said...

Will pray for your family and Uncle Lloyd. Thanks, as always, for sharing your blessings list. It reminds me of how blessed I am too. And while we are on the topic, I am thankful for electricity. It went out last night for a while after a storm. It's very good to have it back on!
Blessings to you,
Karen

Tyrean Martinson said...

Thank you for your prayers Karen, and for sharing your thankfulness for electricity. Whether it's lighting up the darkness, heating our homes, keeping us cool in the heat, or refrigerating our food, I think electricity is wonderful.
Have a blessed day and week!
-Tyrean