Thursday, October 28, 2010

365 Days of Blessings, Day 152

1. Turning corners, both literally and figuratively. It's always exciting to see what's just around the bend.

2. That feeling of leaning into a corner, while riding on a bike, or on a motorcycle.

3. Wind rushing in my face.

4. Ironing my husband's clothes means I get to pick out what he wears to important meetings . . . and I happen to think he looks good in red. :-) Yes, I am biased and still madly in love with the guy I married over 14 years ago.

5. My oldest daughter's new reading glasses. They look good on her, and she can read for more than five minutes at a time now without straining, blinking and rubbing her eyes.

6. Eye exercises. Is there any part of our bodies we can't exercise?

7. The worry about NaNoWriMo giving way to tingly excitement. I've been daydreaming, plotting, and note-taking about my characters every day.

8. Writing poetry, and having my youngest daughter help me with word choices. She is very creative and passionate with her words.

9. I woke up happy today, content, excited for all the possibilities. I just think that is a gift from God.

10. God gives us an attitude of gratitude, contentment and joy when we seek Him first.

11. Our Pastor's wonderful sermons, both on Sunday mornings and on Wednesday evenings. We are currently in a study on Joyful Giving, and his illustrations - especially the ones on Wednesday nights - have been rich with meaning, easy to understand, and just plain fun. I've never had another Pastor who has used a construction ladder, a pitcher, ping pong balls and M&M's to illustrate what it means to develop an attitude of contentment, to give joyfully, and to give firstfruits instead of what is left over.

12. Check out the new button on the right - the Giving Thanks Challenge!!! I'm going to participate by just continuing on with my 365 Days of Blessings posts - since they are really about giving thanks anyway. I encourage everyone to participate and name just one thing that you are thankful for every day.

Scripture Blessings:
"But godliness with contentment is great gain. For we brought nothing into this world, and we take nothing out of it. But if we have food and clothing, we will be content with that. People who want to get rich fall into temptation and a trap and into many foolish and harmful desires that plunge men into ruin and destruction. For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs.
But you, man of God (women too), flee from all this, and pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, endurance, and gentleness. Fight the good fight of faith. Take hold of the eternal life to which you were
called when you made your good confession in the presences of many witnesses."
1 Timonthy 6:6-12

1 comment:

Melissa said...

#7! Sooo true. I can't wait for november