Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Q is for Quilted Quiet, and 365 Days of Blessings, Day 324

Q is for Quilted Quiet, and 365 Days of Blessings, Day 324
Have you ever spent a few hours, wrapped in a homemade quilt, resting in the quiet of a morning?

I highly encourage it, for rest, for relaxation, and for journeys of the imagination.

1.My grandmother’s quilts. They may be in need of repair, but they are soft, and sweet. Every stitch reminds me of her.

2.Quilt pieces kept in a box. I remember when my grandmother had a box of quilt pieces, and she would let me go through them, and imagine the quilt before it was pieced together.

3.Crazy quilts with bits of memory cloth.

4.Quilted banner art. I grew up in a church with quilted banners. My favorites were of a lamb and a lion, with the verse about them laying down together in quilt block letters, and the other was of Jesus, in quilt patterned shapes, with quilted rays of light streaming out from him.

5.The quilt show at the local library every year.

6.My oldest daughter’s baby quilt. It was made with such love, and such sweetness by a member of the church we went to at the time of her birth.

7.A cozy quilt made of fleece made for me for my graduation from high school. My youngest daughter has it on her bed these days.

8.Stories about quilts. There are so many good short stories in this subgenre that I have loved. I wonder, is there a fanciful, imaginative quilt novel out there?

9.Quilted Quiet – a time to rest, wrapped in a quilt.

10.The Lord knows every piece and part of our lives, and in Him, we are pieced together into a masterpiece beyond our imagination, or understanding. Without him, we are just bits and pieces, but with Him, we are whole.


Travel Blessings: Too many to count, but here are a few:

1.Beautiful frog and bird song . . . I never knew frogs could sing before this trip.

2.Walking around and then through a crater at Hawai’I Volcanoes National Park . . . an awesome experience.

3.Steam vents, lava tubes, flowering plants growing out of cracked lava fields, and more.

Scripture Blessings:

"He stilled the storm to a whisper; the waves of the sea were hushed.

They were glad when it grew calm, and he guided them to their desired haven.

Let them give thanks to the LORD for his unfailing love and his wonderful deeds for men."
Psalm 107:29-31

3 comments:

nutschell said...

i've always wanted to learn how to quilt, but i just never had the time. maybe when i retire, i'll finally take it up!great post!
nutschell
www.thewritingnut.com

Petra said...

Wonderful Q post. Blessings!

Gujjari said...

Wonderful post on Quilt for Q in A2Z challenge.
Nice to see you in A2z challenge.

I am following your blog from now.

Please visit my blog and if you like, please follow my blog.

With warm welcome,

http://mydaughtersdreams.blogspot.com