Monday, May 23, 2011

365 Days of Blessings, Days 357 and 358

You're Invited to Join in on the Blessings Blogfest, May 31st. Just one post, just one day! Just 10 blessings! Come share and spread the blessings you've been given! Just one click on the button on the right will take you to the sign up page. Thanks!

Today I'm giving thanks for two days of blessings:

1. Sunday morning with sun shining in.

2. I like purposely ending some sentences with a preposition - as long as I do it on purpose - it's a poetic rebellion.

3. Giving a Children's Message on Joy.

4. Singing Psalm 118:24.

5. Hearing wonderful announcements in a healthy church.

6. Being a part of a loving congregation.

7. A sermon on the fruits of the Spirit given by a gifted speaker.

8. Freedom to choose the Lord.

9. Time with the dogs outside.

10. A bike ride with family.

11. Softball practice sounds like summer . . . the thwack of the ball in the mitt, the singing "ting" of the bat.

12. Good advice from a friend when I become the first softball injury of the season.

13. Ice.

14. Elevation.

15. Rest.

16. A helpful doctor visit.

17. The generosity of my daughters giving away their polly pockets to the smallest girls of the studio.

18. Beautiful costumes for the dance recital.

19. Friends at dinnertime in the dance studio.

20. The Lord gives us joy in all circumstances when we trust in him.

Scripture Blessings:

“Sing joyfully to the LORD, you righteous;
it is fitting for the upright to praise him.
Praise the LORD with the harp;
make music to him on the ten-stringed lyre.
Sing to him a new song;
play skillfully, and shout for joy.”
Psalm 33:1-3

“The LORD is my strength and my shield;
my heart trusts in him, and I am helped.
My heart leaps for joy
and I will give thanks to him in song.”
Psalm 28:7

“But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.” Galatians 5:22-23

“Rejoice in the Lord always. Again, I say, Rejoice!” Philippians 4:4
“This is the day which the LORD has made; we will rejoice and be glad in it!” Psalm 118:24

2 comments:

Su said...

All excellent blessings! I've fallen behind on my gratitude list, which is not a huge issue, but I do try to tie it to the date, so then I have to remember what in particular was so special about two days ago or whenever. So I should probably go get on that. :) Thanks for spreading joy!

ali cross said...

Ahhh ... this is like a breath of fresh air. Thank you for sharing Tyrean!