Monday, February 27, 2012

Evil Genius Blogfest



Hosted by The Golden Eagle for her two year blogaversary, this blogfest gave me the impetus I needed to spend some time with my villainess from The Crystal Sword.          
       Sihrqayya surveyed the map of Aratir with cold calculation. Flags, stained with the blood of her enemies, were pinned to every country where she ruled through her followers.

                On the continent of Nornen, a lone brown flag flew alongside the flag of Septily. That brown flag represented the traitor. Sihrqayya let out a hiss as the multifaceted crystal on her neck chain glowed red on one side. She tapped the crystal with her magic, and a beam of light shot out of it and coalesced into an image of King Alexandros cowering in his chambers. “You have finished your work?” she asked.

                He trembled and curled the sleeves of his robe in his fingers. “No, Sihrqayya, I wanted your leave to start.”

                Sihrqayya went hot with rage. “You have had my orders for two weeks. What has caused this delay? Your son?”

                King Alexandros nervously twitched his head down and then up. “I had a vision.”

                “A vision more important than the reward you seek from me, and the task I gave to you?”

                “No, my lady, but I thought my son might cause me trouble if –

“Don’t lie to me,” she snarled. “Attack the Triune Halls at once, or I shall punish you severely.” She touched a spot on her wrist, and Alexandros writhed in pain.

“Yes, dark mistress,” he gasped.

With another tap of power, Sihrqayya closed the speaking spell, and rang a bell in her war room.

Charlissa, her trusted servant, came at once.

“Pack my travel bag and make ready my mount. The situation in Skycliff needs my personal touch.”


15 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I bet she's fun at parties!

Alleged Author said...

She simply exudes evil, doesn't she? Cool!

Luanne G. Smith said...

Yep, she fits the description of evil genius. And a few other words come to mind as well. :))

Tyrean Martinson said...

Sadly, evil women are easy and fun to write.

Tyrean Martinson said...

Alex - yep, she's the hiss and burn of the night.

Tyrean Martinson said...

Alleged Author - Thanks!

Tyrean Martinson said...

L.G. Smith - Thanks! Hopefully she isn't too cliched . . .I almmost wrote a background scene on her . . but decided on a more active scene.

Rek Sesh said...

I wouldn't want to be at the mercy of her wrists...A cool genius.

Susan Kane said...

Yup, she is evil. Poor king. Didn't he know?

Sylvia said...

That is truly evil. I feel like I need to take a shower now :) Great work!

Jen said...

Oh now she sounds just nasty! Great entry :D I really enjoyed it.

Cheers!
Jen

Tyrean Martinson said...

Rek - Thanks!

Tyrean Martinson said...

No, he was bent on revenge and blindsided . .

Angie said...

Ouch. I feel sorry for the poor king. She really is nasty! Great excerpt!

Tyrean Martinson said...

Angie - Thanks!