Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Hangers


Hangers . . .those last lines in the chapters that just keep us reading until our eyes are gritty, and we know we're going to need extra strength caffiene to make it through the next day . . .or so we hope.

Welcome again to Hookers and Hangers Blog Hop brought to the blog world by the awesome crew of Falling for Fiction!

Here are a few Hangers from Champion in the Darkness, formerly known as The Crystal Sword:

Chapter 1: She knew exactly where she needed to go. 

Chapter 2: The room went silent, and Stelia leaned forward on the table, bracing herself for the coming storm of argument.

Chapter 3: “All right,” Clara acquiesced, but inside she was planning a route to the castle that she could take later than night.

Chapter 4: The dark sorceress had promised him power, a sword that would be more powerful than any the Sword Circle possessed, a sword of fire that he could use against the Rrysorri, the villains who had poisoned his wife.


Just sticking with those for now . . .and now I'm off to go see what other hangers are out there . . .

8 comments:

Amanda Olivieri said...

"...bracing herself for the coming storm of argument." LOVE that description! These are great hangers :)

Tara Tyler said...

she knew exactly where she needed to go, excellent beginning!

nutschell said...

well chapter 4 certainly got me intrigued!
Nutschell
www.thewritingnut.com

Karen Lange said...

Ah yes, I've done this, where I needed to read the end of the story, but should have been sleeping! So this is how I aspire to write, not to have my readers suffer lack of sleep or pain, but to be so engaged in the story, they must finish! :)

Barbara Watson said...

Chapter 4's hanger gives me chills. I wouldn't want to be in this guy's way.

M Pax said...

Ooo. #4 is really juicy.

Tyrean Martinson said...

Amanda - Thanks!!!

Tara - Thank you! I was worried that one wasn't strong enough.

Karen - exactly!

Barbara - good! I mean, yes, that's what I was going for . . .

M Pax - Thanks!!!

Tyrean Martinson said...

nutschell - glad that one got your interest!